Friday, February 20, 2009

Top Chef New York: Season Finale Part 1

OFFICIAL EPISODE RECAP



I love how in the beginning Stefan is already counting Carla and Hosea out. Typical of Stefan throughout the entire season.

I have to mention that I love Tom Colicchio. Dude is mad smooth. You have to love his his style.

With that being said, I could tell that Stefan and Fabian were scared that Jeff was going to win and be the fifth. Even though it was a nice twist, at first I thought it was wrong to bring someone back and give them a chance in the finals. Then I remembered how good Jeff was and how easily he got eliminated and the fact that he had to win the challenge justified his return. That left it up to the final three to keep him out.

I was worried about Jeff when he started doing exactly what got him kicked out, making a dish that is too complicated…but at the end it worked.

The whole time I was wondering if Stefan’s cockiness was going to be his undoing. Then I saw that he wasn’t using homemade sausage and thought for sure he was toast.

Tom said he was over confident. Stafan’s reply was “I don’t stress anymore. I’m 36 years old – if it works out it works out, if not fine”.

When Hosea got sent up to the suite Stefan got serious real fast. I was like damn one of the European’s will be packing their knives. At that point I knew Stefan was staying. He’s been a superstar almost all the way through so I knew he was going to the finals.

Carla has been kickin’ ass. She is formally trained and it’s paying off. She’s my favorite, because she’s the underdog, and she’s just has a great personality. 6 days left to the final. I’m pumped.

-Cosmo

1 comment:

  1. There's something I like about Carla, too.

    I read her as kind of dingy and goofy, but in and through all that, she IS about the food and what's going on with it. After the Thanksgiving Foo challenge, when her team had been picked as the losers, I recall her saying something to the effect of: "Well, whatever happens, we got the food out!"

    I also zeroed in on her when she was making those apple pastries, and she keyed in on and acknowledged that the wedge of cheddar on her plate was sad. I had to give her props for realizing that and not backing down off the fact that that piece of cheese wasn't exactly making her stand up and cheer, so it probably might not make too good an impression on others, either.

    I'd like to see how she does further on down the road, or as far as the road will take her.

    ReplyDelete